Wednesday, November 7, 2012

An article from a Professional Guide Manual that I perused often as a kid.

This info came from a Herter's Professional Guide Manual that my Dad had. A few years ago I asked him if I could have it because I loved reading it and looking at the pictures as a boy. He gave it to me. See if you think it is as interesting as I do?
Click on the individual articles for a closer look if it is too small to read.

OK, the speed of a charging bear, cougar, lion, or jaguar could be important info to know in the wild.
 Don't you agree?



Now, I don't think that I would ever want to destroy such a huge and awesome animal as an African Elephant. So, this is interesting but not all that important to know.



Now, what's next is one of the most important bits of wisdom I think I have ever heard. 
Do you agree?

Isn't that hilarious?  In the clutches of a ferocious animal, I think, though, that I am going to have a bit of a struggle to accumulate enough spittle in the split second that one would have it such a predicament. 
Do we agree?